AES Running Club
Welcome to Alcoa Elementary School's Running Club
AES 2nd Grade School Running Club
Please review this page for information on AES Running Club.
We are very excited to announce that the AES Running Club has been approved for the 2022-2023 School Year.
Thank you so much to those students who have shown an interest in our club. We were overwhelmed by the number of applicants that we received and are closing the application window. If your child has been accepted into running club, you will receive notice soon. At that time, you will need to pay your child's club fee and provide an insurance card for use in the event of an emergency.
We are thrilled to continue to offer an amazing life-changing opportunity to second-grade AES students and their families. If you love moving, being outside, and competing against yourself and others, then the Alcoa Elementary School Running Club is for you! We will train weekly, rain or shine, on Thursday afternoons from 2:45-4:00. All children must be picked up promptly at 4:00. If your child goes to STARS, we will make sure they are checked in at the conclusion of each training session.
Expectations for Running Club members are as follows:
- Attend each Wednesday afternoon training session. If a student misses 2 meetings, they will be dismissed from Running Club and their spot will be offered to another student.
- The cost of the AES Running Club is $25 per child, for the year. The $25 must be turned in to Dr. Ms. Mia or Gigi Santos, the Running Club Sponsors, before coming to the training session. Anyone not paying the fee, turning in completed permission/release form AND insurance card will not be able to participate in the AES Running Club. (If you are unable to pay the fee, please see Dr. Ms. Mia to make other arrangements prior to the first training session instead of not participating.) Collected fees will be used to purchase a running shirt, materials for running games, and other resources.
- All students must treat others with kindness and respect, use materials responsibly, and show their personal best by listening and following directions the first time given.
- All students must display a growth mindset and maintain a good attitude at every training session.
- All students must be willing to participate in team activities and always move with a purpose, if they are unable to run on that day.
- Parents must pick up their children promptly at 4:00 pm. Failure to respect this time will mean their child will be dropped from Running Club. If a child is picked up after 4:05 (5 minutes late) regardless of the reason twice during Running Club, they will be asked to not attend Running Club anymore. The club sponsors and staff are volunteering their time and being respectful of their time is very important.
- At the first club meeting, runners will be given a calendar with an assigned day to bring a HEALTHY snack for all members of the running club. We want to make sure runners have the fuel their bodies need to train responsibly.
We will NOT be participating in any local road races as a running club due to the current pandemic. We certainly hope the situation improves and the AES Running Club will have an opportunity to once again participate in a few kid friendly local road races. At that time, parents will be responsible for entry fees and transportation to and from the event.
If you have any questions, please see or email Mrs. Gigi Santos [email protected] or Dr. Ms. Mia [email protected]