AES Running Club
Welcome to Alcoa Elementary
School's Running Club
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
Please review this page for information on AES Running Club.
We are very excited to announce that the AES Running Club approved for the 2023-2024 School Year.
Thank you so much to those students showed an interest in our club and to the families who participated in past years. Also, a special thank you to the Alcoa City Schools Foundation for awarding our recent grant proposal. Your generosity means the world to us.
We are thrilled to continue to offer an amazing life-changing opportunity to second-grade AES students and their families. If you love moving, being outside, and competing against yourself and others, then the Alcoa Elementary School Running Club is for you! We will train weekly, rain or shine, on Wednesday afternoons from 2:45-4:00. All children must be picked up promptly at 4:00. If your child goes to STARS, we will make sure they are checked in at the conclusion of each training session.
Expectations for Running Club members are as follows:
- Attend each Wednesday afternoon training session. If a student misses 2 meetings, they will be dismissed from Running Club and their spot will be offered to another student.
- The cost of the AES Running Club is $25 per child, for the year. The $25 must be turned in to Gigi Santos, the Running Club Sponsor, before coming to the training session. Anyone not paying the fee, turning in completed permission/release form AND insurance card will not be able to participate in the AES Running Club. Collected fees will be used to purchase a running shirt, materials for running games, and other resources.
- All students must treat others with kindness and respect, use materials responsibly, and show their personal best by listening and following directions the first time given.
- All students must display a growth mindset and maintain a good attitude at every training session.
- All students must be willing to participate in team activities and always move with a purpose, if they are unable to run on that day.
- Parents must pick up their children promptly at 4:00 pm. Failure to respect this time will mean their child will be dropped from Running Club. If a child is picked up after 4:05 (5 minutes late) regardless of the reason twice during Running Club, they will be asked to not attend Running Club anymore. The club sponsors and staff are volunteering their time and being respectful of their time is very important.
The AES Running Club will have an opportunity to once again participate in a few kid friendly local road races. At that time, parents will be responsible for entry fees and transportation to and from the event. See list of possibe races below:
- Goggled Gobbler 5K
- Reindeer Run 5K
We would love for you to join your children and all of us. However, volunteer space is limited and there are restrictions in place in order to allow for social distancing and safety. Please let us know if you are interested in volunteering and showing by example that physical activity is important and fun!
If you have any questions, please see or email Ms. Gigi Santos [email protected]