AES Running Club
Welcome to Alcoa Elementary School's Running Club
AES 2nd Grade School Running Club
The 2020-2021 Running Club at AES page will be updated as new information is released. At this time, extracurricular activities are being limited due to COVID restrictions in order to protect students and staff. Please visit the page at a later date or watch our school social media accounts for more information as plans are modified.
For an idea of what our club expectations are, please review our information from the 2019-2020 school year. This information will be modified in the event that we are able to host the 2020-2021 AES Running Club and with adjustments made for COVID-19 Restrictions:
We are thrilled to offer an amazing life changing opportunity to second grade AES students and their families. If you love moving, being outside, and competing against yourself and others then the Alcoa Elementary School Running Club is for you! We will train weekly, rain or shine, on Wednesday afternoon from 2:45-4:00. All children must be picked up promptly at 4:00. If your child goes to STARS, we will make sure they are checked in at the conclusion of each training session.
Expectations for Running Club members are as follows:
- Attend each Wednesday afternoon training session. If a student misses 2 meetings, they will be dismissed from Running Club and their spot will be offered to another student.
- The cost of the AES Running Club is $20 per child, for the year. The $20 must be turned in to Dr. Ms. Mia or Gigi Santos, the Running Club Sponsors, before coming to the training session. Anyone not paying the fee, turning in completed permission/release form AND insurance card will not be able to participate in the AES Running Club. (If you are unable to pay the fee, please see Dr. Ms. Mia to make other arrangements prior to the first training session instead of not participating.) Collected fees will be used to purchase a running shirt, materials for running games, and other resources.
- All students must treat others with kindness and respect, use materials responsibly, and show their personal best by listening and following directions the first time given.
- All students must display a growth mindset and maintain a good attitude at every training session.
- All students must be willing to participate in team activities and always move with a purpose, if they are unable to run on that day.
- Parents must pick up their child promptly at 4:00pm. Failure to respect this time will mean their child is dropped from Running Club. If a child is picked up after 4:05 (5 minutes late) regardless of the reason twice during Running Club, they will be asked to not attend Running Club anymore. The club sponsors and staff are volunteering their time and being respectful of their time is very important.
- We are working on getting the cafeteria to assist us in providing a healthy snack for our training days. Your child is welcome to bring something HEALTHY for themselves, if what is provided is not to their liking.
*Zoo Fun Run
*Covenant Kids Run