- Second grade classes will have their Christmas Parties on Thursday, December 19, from 1:30-2:30 p.m. If you are interested in helping please contact your child’s teacher for more information.
- December 13 was the last day for students to meet their AR Goals for the second 9-weeks. Students that met their AR Goal will receive a reading bling and attend a pajama/movie party on Thursday, December 19.
- We often find jacket, gloves, and hats left on the playground, at specials, and in the hall. We try to find the owner of the lost items but aren’t always successful. Please write your child’s name in jackets and other items so we can reunite children and their outerwear.
- Please keep an extra set of clothes in your child’s backpack in the event that they need to change due to unexpected events such as a spill, bloody nose, or a tear.
Goals & Testing: Second grade students are expected to read books and take available AR comprehension tests throughout the year. Students have access to a variety of books in the classroom, library, on EPIC, and various books we read in class that have AR tests. If we have read, worked with, and discussed a book in class, students are often expected to take the AR test and a comprehension score is taken. Students have several opportunities to take tests in class. They can take a test most mornings upon arriving to class and they have opportunities at certain times during the day. Students need an average comprehension score of 80% on tests, as well as reaching their numeric goal. Students can take tests on books they have read at home if there is a corresponding test. Students just need to know the author and title to find an AR test. To see if a book your child is reading has an AR test go to arbookfinder.com.
AR Goals will be set as follows;
- T2-T3 students’ goals will be set using the Renaissance AR Goal Calculator with students reading 15 minutes per day.
- All other students’ goals will be set using the Renaissance AR Goal Calculator with students reading 20 minutes per day.
- All students must have an accuracy of at least 80%
- Meet AR Goal- Bling and AR Treat & Party
- Double AR Goal- Bling, AR Treat & Party, Spotlight, and they will sit at the VIP table during lunch one day during the last week of the term (Maybe we could get Pizza if there is money available)
- Triple AR Goal- Bling, AR Treat & Party, Spotlight, sit at the VIP table, and Principal for the Announcements or other determined options
AES Special's Rotation Schedule: