AES Lego STEM Club
Welcome to Alcoa Elementary School's Lego STEAM Club
AES 2nd Grade Lego STEAM Club
We are very excited to announce that the AES Lego STEAM Club has been approved for the 2021-2022 School Year. Please see your child's teacher or one of the club sponsors for an application. Remember that AES Lego STEM Club is for 2nd Grade students with spots possibly available for some 1st Grade Friends. No Kindergarten students are being accepted at this time. AES 2021-2022 Lego STEAM Club Application
For an idea of what our club expectations are, please review our information from the 2021-2022 school year. This information will be modified in the event that we have to make adjustments for COVID-19 Restrictions and unforeseen circumstances.
We are thrilled to offer an amazing life changing opportunity to second grade AES students and their families. (Club Sponsors reserve the right to invite additional students from other grades to participate in club based on multiple factors, such as growth mindset, teacher recommendation, and behavior.) If you love building, creating, and thinking outside the box, then the Alcoa Elementary School Lego STEAM Club is for you! We will meet weekly on Tuesday afternoon from 2:45-4:00. All children must be picked up promptly at 4:00. If your child goes to STARS, we will make sure they are checked in at the conclusion of each training session. If your child misses more than two clubs or is not picked up on time, they will be dismissed from the club and their spot will be offered to another student.
Expectations for Lego STEAM Club members are as follows:
- Attend each Tuesday afternoon session. If a student misses 2 meetings, they will be dismissed from club and their spot will be offered to another student.
- The cost of the AES Lego STEM Club is $25 per child, for the year. The $25 must be turned in to Dr. Ms. Mia or Gigi Santos, the Lego STEM Club Sponsors, before coming to the training session. Anyone not paying the fee, turning in completed permission/release form AND insurance card will not be able to participate in the AES Lego STEAM Club. (If you are unable to pay the fee, please see Dr. Ms. Mia to make other arrangements prior to the first training session instead of not participating.) Collected fees will be used to purchase a club shirt, materials for weekly challenges, and other resources.
- All students must treat others with kindness and respect, use materials responsibly, and show their personal best by listening and following directions the first time given.
- All students must display a growth mindset and maintain a good attitude at every club session.
- All students must be willing to participate in team activities and always work with a purpose.
- Parents must pick up their child promptly at 4:00pm. Failure to respect this time will mean their child is dropped from Lego STEAM Club. If a child is picked up after 4:05 (5 minutes late) regardless of the reason twice during Lego STEAM Club, they will be asked to not attend Lego STEAM Club anymore. The club sponsors and staff are volunteering their time and being respectful of their time is very important.
- The cafeteria is able to provide snacks this year. Please see Ms. Mia or Ms. Gigi as soon as possible if your child has an allergy that we need to be aware.