AES STEAM Club
Welcome to Alcoa Elementary School's STEAM Club
AES 2nd Grade STEAM Club
Please review this page for information on AES STEAM Club.
We are very excited to announce that the AES STEAM Club has been approved for the 2022-2023 School. Thank you so much to those students who have shown an interest in our club. We were overwhelmed by the number of applicants that we received and we have selected this year's AES STEAM Club members.
Participating Families: You will need to pay your child's club fee and provide an insurance card for use in the event of an emergency prior to the club starting on 10/18. The sooner we collect club fees, the faster we can order club shirts.
We are thrilled to offer an amazing life changing opportunity to second grade AES students and their families. (Club Sponsors reserve the right to invite additional students from other grades to participate in club based on multiple factors, such as growth mindset, teacher recommendation, and behavior.) If you love building, creating, and thinking outside the box, then the Alcoa Elementary School STEAM Club is for you! We will meet weekly on Tuesday afternoons from 2:45-4:00. All children must be picked up promptly at 4:00. If your child goes to STARS, we will make sure they are checked in at the conclusion of each club session. If your child misses more than two clubs or is not picked up on time, they will be dismissed from the club and their spot will be offered to another student.
Expectations for STEAM Club members are as follows:
- Attend each Tuesday afternoon session. If a student misses 2 meetings, they will be dismissed from club and their spot will be offered to another student.
- The cost of the AES STEAM Club is $25 per child, for the year. The $25 must be turned in to Dr. Ms. Mia or Gigi Santos, the STEAM Club Sponsors, before coming to the first club session on October 18. Anyone not paying the fee, turning in completed permission/release form AND insurance card will not be able to participate in the AES STEAM Club. (If you are unable to pay the fee, please see Dr. Ms. Mia to make other arrangements prior to the first training session instead of not participating.) Collected fees will be used to purchase a club shirt, materials for weekly challenges, and other resources.
- All students must treat others with kindness and respect, use materials responsibly, and show their personal best by listening and following directions the first time given.
- All students must display a growth mindset and maintain a good attitude at every club session.
- All students must be willing to participate in team activities and always work with a purpose.
- Parents must pick up their child promptly at 4:00pm. Failure to respect this time will mean their child is dropped from STEAM Club. If a child is picked up after 4:05 (5 minutes late) regardless of the reason twice during STEAM Club, they will be asked to not attend STEAM Club anymore. The club sponsors and staff are volunteering their time and being respectful of their time is very important.
- The cafeteria is able to provide snacks this year. Please see Ms. Mia or Ms. Gigi as soon as possible if your child has an allergy that we need to be aware.