Hi there! I am Dr. Ms. Mia. I am the AES Library Interventionist. I have been teaching at AES for 14 years and reading books with kids is my absolute favorite thing to do. I have an 19 year old son named Chance, who graduated in 2020 from Alcoa High School.
A Note for Students:
I am so excited that we get to learn together this year in Library, ESL, and Tornado Time. I hope you like art, learning about dinosaurs, and reading funny books. Those are just a few of the things that we are going to do together this year. I know having a new teacher can be scary, but I promise that we are going to have a lot of fun together. If you ever have any questions or need a hug, just let me know.
- After the Fall How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again (Santat)
- Please, Open This Book! (Lehrhaupt)
- llama llama loves to read (Dewdney)
- Just Add Glitter (DiTerlizzi & Cotterill)
- The Day You Begin (Woodson)
- Tyrannosaurus Rex vs. Edna The Very First Chicken (Rees)
- Kindergarten: 2 Books for their classroom book bins
- 1st & 2nd Grade: 2 Books (Teacher decides whether their students take them home or keep in the classroom.)