AES Library 2020-2021
Hi there! I am Dr. Ms. Mia. I am the AES Library Interventionist. I have been teaching at AES for 13 years and reading books with kids is my absolute favorite thing to do. I have an 18 year old son named Chance, who graduated from Alcoa High School during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
A Note for Students:
I am so excited that we get to learn together this year in Library, ESL, and Tornado Time. I hope you like art, learning about dinosaurs, and reading funny books. Those are just a few of the things that we are going to do together this year. I know having a new teacher can be scary, but I promise that we are going to have a lot of fun together. If you ever have any questions or need a hug, just let me know.
Hurry and get to school. Our library is empty without you.
Please visit our learning site at the link below for fun games, activities, and updates on the AES Chickens and library pets.
- High School: Lenoir City High School
- Bachelors: TTU (Multidisciplinary Studies, K-8, Early Childhood PreK-4, & English as a Second Language PreK-12)
- Masters, EdS, and PHD: University of Tennessee, Knoxville (Literacy Studies, Reading Specialist PreK-12)
- I have 4 dogs that I adore: two boxers named Joe Frazier & Laila Ali, a black lab named Bailey Bug, and a yellow lab named Marley Moo.
- I have a pet curly haired tarantula named Monet.
- I have a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach named Papa Roach.
- I have 2 miniature donkeys (Glitter & Sparkle), 2 goats (Houdini & Lancelot), and 9 chickens (the AES Chicks).
- I drive a purple Jeep.
- New York City is my favorite place to visit.
- Kindergarten: 2 Books for their classroom book bins
- 1st & 2nd Grade: 2 Books (Teacher decides whether their students take them home or keep in the classroom.)
Favorite Children's Books
- After the Fall How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again (Santat)
- Please, Open This Book! (Lehrhaupt)
- llama llama loves to read (Dewdney)
- Just Add Glitter (DiTerlizzi & Cotterill)
- The Day You Begin (Woodson)
- Tyrannosaurus Rex vs. Edna The Very First Chicken (Rees)