Mr. Whitecotton - Tech Class
Weekly Tech Activities
Week 1: August 5-11
1. Don't Get Lost!
Instructions: Watch our YouTube Video on A Virtual Tour of Our School
Discuss with an adult at home all the cool things you learned about our school
2. Mouse Practice!
Instructions: Click on the picture below to play activity. Try and use your mouse to pinch the fire on the wick. But you. better hurry before it BLOWS UP!
If you had fun, do it again or try some other mouse practice activities
1st Grade Activities
1. AES Website WebQuest
Instructions: Click on our website pic below. Then explore our website links and pages to see if you can find the following things.
2. What's Your Favorite AES Behavior Video?
Instructions: Click image below to connect to our AES YouTube Channel. Search our Behavior Videos
2nd Grade Activities
1. Typing Club
Instructions: Login to your Typing Club account and see if you can EARN an new badge!
NOTE: Logging in to Typing Club has changed since last year. Read instructions below!
2. Learn How to Watch Daily Morning Announcements
Instructions: Visit the AES YouTube Channel (click the picture below) at 8:30 each morning and watch our LIVE Morning News: You can participate in the Pledge of Allegiance, Moment of Silence and listen to the daily news.
Note: Be sure to subscribe to our channel and click on the "BELL" to get notifications whenever we post a new video.
MEET THE TEACHER
Mr. Patrick Whitecotton
My name is Patrick Whitecotton and I will be your child's technology teacher. This is my 23rd year of teaching and my 5th year at Alcoa Elementary. I serve not only as the technology teacher fro grades k-2, but I also serve as the school technology coordinator, website and social media administrator and the yearbook advisor. I look forward in teaching your child and ignite their discovery and passion for learning through technology.
(NOTE: Click "Subscribe" on the right of this page under my picture and you will get notified anytime I add something to this page_
I was born in Ferguson, Missouri which is a suburb of St. Louis. I lived there until 6th grade and then moved to San Antonio, Texas where I attended middle school and high school. I graduated Holmes High School in 1983. I am married to my beautiful wife Nicole who is also a teacher! She teaches 8th grade at Clayton Bradley Academy. We have 7 daughters and 13 grand children.
Lee University: Bachelor's Degree - Early Childhood Education K-8 Certification Lee University: Master's Degree - Classroom Teaching and U.S. History.
- 21st Century Academy (Chattanooga, Tennessee): I began my career as a 6-8 grade science and math teacher for 4 years and spent one year teaching 5th grade
- East Lake Academy (Chattanooga, Tennessee): Served 3 years as the 6th grade computer technology teacher and school technology coordinator.
- Ooltewah Middle School (Chattanooga , Tennessee): Served 11 years as a computer technology teacher at Ooltewah Middle School. After writing a $30,000 grant inn 2011, I pioneered the first 1:1 paperless classroom in Hamilton County teaching 6th grade science and social studies while using an online learning management system.
- South Doyle School (Knoxville, Tennessee): Served 2 years as the middle school technology teacher and building level technology coordinator.
- Alcoa Elementary School (Alcoa, Tennessee): This is my 5th year at AES as the technology teacher and building technology coordinator.
Food: Pizza and Mexican food
Dessert: Ice cream and cheesecake
Drink: Dr. Pepper & Starbucks
Book: Harry Potter
Movie: Shawshank Redemption & Harry Potter
Singers & Bands: Lauren Daigle & Keith Green, STYX & Reo Speedwagon
Hobbies: Gardening, photography, camping and hiking
Vacation Spots: Disney World, Universal Studios & beach
Restaurant: Longhorn Steakhouse
Chromebook Care at Alcoa City Schools
Phone: 865-982-3120 ext. 2111
Mr. Whitecotton's Favorite Links
How to login to Typing Club From Home