AES Drama Club
Welcome to AES Drama Club
Drama Club Director:
Dr. Miss Mia Evans
Club Meeting Day:
Thursdays (See Schedule Below)
2:45 - 3:45
IMPORTANT PARENT NOTICE:
Parents Please be on time picking up your child. Pickup Location: Entrance Outside of Katie's Garden
AES DRAMA CLUB CALENDAR
The Dates below are our scheduled days for AES Drama Club Meetings. All Drama Club meetings will be on Thursday unless otherwise specified. (Additional Rehearsal Times May Be Added). Club Students will report immediately following school to the theater. Students will be provided a snack. Dismissal time is 3:45. Each child should be picked up outside of Katie's Garden entrance.
2nd Quarter Schedule
January 10: Twisted Fairy Tales
January 17: Twisted Fairy Tales
January 24: Twisted Fairy Tales
January 31: Twisted Fairy Tales
February 7: Twisted Fairy Tales
February 14: Drama Club Queen of Hearts Party
February 21: Twisted Fairy Tales
February 28: Play Try-Outs (All club members will have a role in the play)
March 7: Play Roles Announced Here on This Page
March 11-22 : SPRING BREAK
March 28: Play Rehearsals Begin
April 4: Play Rehearsals
(We may need volunteers to help us get ready - Contact Any Drama Club Sponsor to volunteer)
April 25: Drama Club Play - time(s) TBA
DRAMA Club Member Expectations
Reminder of Expectations for Drama Club Members are as follows:
- Attend each Thursday afternoon meeting. If a student misses 2 meetings regardless of the reason, they will be dismissed from Drama Club and their spot will be offered to another student. Projects will continue from week to week and missing meetings will put that student behind on their projects.
- The cost of the Drama Club is $20 to offset the cost of materials for the club. The $20 must be given to the Drama Club Sponsor before the first club meeting on Thursday, October 25. Anyone not paying the fee will not be able to participate in Drama Club. (However, if you are unable to pay the fee and your child is selected, please see Dr. Ms. Mia to make other arrangements prior to the first meeting instead of not participating.) Collected fees will be used to purchase play licensing costs, materials for props and play backgrounds, and other program resources.
- Student must treat others with kindness and respect, use materials responsibly, and show their personal best by listening and following directions the first time given.
- Student must display a growth mindset and maintain a good attitude at every meeting.
- Student must show pride in their work and be willing to speak in a group.
- Parents must be prepared to pick up their child promptly at 3:45 pm. Failure to respect this time will mean their child is dropped from Drama Club. If a child is picked up after 3:50 (5 minutes late) regardless of the reason twice during the Drama Club, they will be asked to not attend Drama Club anymore. Club Sponsors are volunteering their time to sponsor this club and time with their family is important.
- Each student will be asked to provide healthy snacks for at least one Drama Club meeting. Staying at school for an extra hour makes for a long day and they need extra fuel to keep going. We will also be reaching out to the ACS Cafeteria Administrators to help with club snacks.